Wednesday 25 September 2013

Flour Photography

Flour throwing experiment (25.09.2013)

I stumbled upon this cool experiment a while ago, when randomly googling strobist photography, and it fit well with the theme of my photography course (it was similar to the style of a b/w photographer that photographed motion, Harold Edgerton). The process is really throwing flour (preferably really hard!) and just capturing the split second, no, a nano second after the impact to get a really cool effect. 

I wanted to focus mainly on the small bits of flour shattering or bouncing off of Oliver (guy in the photo). To make the smaller bits of flour more visible, I increased the contrast and clarity in Lightroom. I found that a lot of the preset effects in Lightroom worked well with these photos, I'm not too sure why, maybe because there's simpler range of colours? However I can't decide which one looks best.

Original

 Old Polar Preset

 Original

 Selenium Preset

 Old Polar Preset

Original

 Blue High Contrast Preset

Sepia Preset

 Bleach Bypass Preset



No comments:

Post a Comment